12 maio 2005

Amsterdam

May was the month that I most traveled, ever!

It started with a visit to Amsterdam. The distance between this city and Frankfurt is of around 500km, which we made by road by taking part in an iniciative by the International Office.


Here is one of the well known mills that one can find in the Nederlands.




The weather was somewhat unstable!



A trange bridge! (and that was on the way there, which means that I wasn't "seeing" things!! eheheh )



The entrance of our hostel, almost in the center of Amstedam. I just loved the stickers on the front door :)



The park right in front of our hostel!



One of the many canals!


Facing right from the previous position, the view was this one:


I just loved the streets there!




One fact about Portugal: every Portuguese gets happy every time that he or she sees anything related with the country, mostly people of course! Once I saw this restaurant I just had to get inside and cheer the folks! (by the way they were very nice!!)


And here is the interior of the restaurant!

Being in Amsterdam there were three things we had to see: the canals, the coffee shops and the red light district!!

Here are the pictures from the little trip in the canals!













After that came the coffee shop. This one (Abraxas) was really cool!

I was really hungry so I took the brownie!

...30 mins later I was a bit woozie! I took this picture then. More 15 mins and... well the strangest experience in my life (cause the hash brownies take 45mins to start "working")! I hope not to repeat it soon, but it was an unforgetable experience! Only experiencing it one could feel how that is.


I wasn't allowed to take pictures in the red light district, so I just took a picture to a parallel street, just like that one! To say the truth, that main street in the red light district was being repaired, so at the time was really ugly!

The central square at night, with the city hall at the left and the cathedral at the right!





The last day, before going home!